Memories & Reflections

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Goodbye, Sonia!

My good friend, Bro. Mark, came home from the States last Tuesday. I was able to see him last night during our board meeting. He told me about the sad news. His wife, Sis. Nora, has to undergo surgery and radiation treatments in the next several weeks since the doctor found cancer cells in her breast. Although this is sad, it’s a blessing that they were able to catch it very early; at zero stage. This will make them stay for the U.S. for at least until May this year.

But the most shocking news really was about Sonia. She is a wonderful lady and great friend. Bro. Mark said that on the day of his departure going home, her daughter Jeannette called him because Sonia had a massive stroke. It was so deadly that she’s gone in five minutes—brain dead. I was really in shock and it barely sunk in my system yet. This is really a great loss; especially to the Racettes as they are best of friends for many years. She’s just 52.

I will surely miss Sonia. I thank God that we were able to spend more time with her the last time we were in the States. But the best news of all is knowing that she’s now with the Lord in heaven. Amen.

We love you, Sonia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home