Memories & Reflections

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bambino Inspirations

For a couple of days now, I’ve been watching a Japanese series called, “Bambino.” It’s about a young man who wants to become a skilled chef. He figured that being mentored by the pros in an Italian restaurant in Tokyo will make that dream happen.


Aside from the main actor whom I’m fond of, what makes this series very interesting for me are the words of wisdom that his mentors and colleagues are giving him. It gives me time to reflect on my own priorities and shortcomings. I am so inspired by the attitude of the main character and his focus to meet his dream. Last night, the statement that struck me the most was from the second-in-command chef, Kuwahara-san: “ If you cannot do what is in front of you, you don’t even have the right to your dream.”


I have a backlog on my library work and it certainly is something I’m not really fond of. But today, it’s going to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home