Memories & Reflections

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Thursday, April 10, 2008

a sister's joy

I’m a big sis. And there’s nothing more elating for a big sis like me than to know that my younger siblings trust me. That’s one of joys of an “Ate.”

My little brother is an engineering student. He’s in his third year in college. He would casually tell me about his friends and his performance in school. I, sort of, have an idea how his normal school day would be; the different types of professors he had; the degree of intellectual capacity needed for each course; the craziness of his classmates; his triumphs and failures over his exams; and even the serious parts of being a student. He is open about his strengths and weaknesses. A few nights ago after eating dinner together he talked about his standing in two of his subjects. He said that he is very concerned about his performance—that he might not pass the course. I feel sorry for my brother for being worried. I told him he can do it. He has a good standing as a regular student and has a good chance of graduating on time. Today he sent me a message and said he didn’t make it in E-Mags. And he’s concerned about the results of EE. He needs to take a summer class for that course to maintain a regular standing come first semester. I said it’s alright. I know he feels sorry and I don’t doubt my brother. He just has to take the subject again and he’ll be fine.

Although I feel sorry that this happened to him, I’m glad that he would readily inform me and freely show his feelings. I thank God for making my family the way they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home