Memories & Reflections

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Honesty

I hear people say, “Truth hurts”. I thought this always talks about the negative, in that, somebody has to be reprimanded for his wrong. But it’s not always the case. Inasmuch as I value tactfulness and respect, I also believe and strive to remain honest. I keep the old saying, “Honesty is the best policy.” In our language, we have a counterpart for this slogan. We say, “Ang nagsasabi nang tapat, nagsasama nang maluwat.” (Honesty keeps the relationship intact.). Most of the time, it pays to be honest. But I’d rather ‘hurt’ people by telling the truth than saying a lie. Anyhow, I feel weak afterwards. I don’t wish to hurt anyone, especially those I care about; never a friend. I just pray that my being honest would protect the person and myself from getting much hurt. I pray for understanding and an open heart. And I sincerely hope I’m doing the right thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Keith said…

    Sometimes we need to confront sin in a fellow brother or sister in Christ. It is not always easy, but we are commanded to do it.

    I also would like to thank you for the comments on my blog on my 7th year of sobriety. I have won this war. It is complete. Thank you and may the Lord bless you and your ministry.

     
  • At 2:11 AM, Blogger Pinay said…

    Thank You Sir Keith. Again, my congratulations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home