Memories & Reflections

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

wrong message

over the weekend, i received a couple of unwanted forwarded messages from a number i do not recognize. the theme was a mess and i totally dislike it. Annoyed, i took my cellphone and replied to this number saying: i pray that God would change your heart today; i pity you. automatically, the number responded and addressed me in my HS nickname. it says sorry he was just sending it to all numbers in his list and did not think would offend me. i was surprised to know it was someone from my HS so i asked who he was. i told him i don't like such types of messages; it does not promote good behavior and is explicitly blasphemous. he said sorry more than three times and since yesterday, been sending me a lot of 'Christian' quotes and inspiring messages. huh, what a way to learn a lesson.

Sometimes it helps to be bold. it felt good.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Keith said…

    Sounds to me like you have planted a seed in this person's life.

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Pinay said…

    i hope so. back in high school, i've earned respect from my schoolmates and nobody dared to 'mess up with me' in words and deeds =) haha... well, it really takes guts to stand as a Christian and when you do, people will accept who you are.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Keith said…

    I agree. But be careful when you disagree with someone. Do it in love. Some people will try to get you into an argument. Stand firm in the faith, but don't knock anyone down in the process. :-)

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Pinay said…

    True. Being a Christian really calls for responsibility and faithfulness in daily living. I've been to arguments myself but I would always remember to see where the other person stands. Thanks. I will remember that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home