Memories & Reflections

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Monday, November 07, 2005

November 1st

We were at the cemetery very early Tuesday morning. First stop was at my aunt’s and my grandma’s. I miss them both so much, especially my aunt. It was only last summer when she left. Grandma’s been there for nine and a half years now. With them gone, I cannot ignore the longing inside.

Our last stop was at Nanay’s. She’s been there for nearly four years now. By God’s grace we managed to go on with life without her. I thought it was impossible then. Never was I convinced that I couldn’t be myself again without Nanay. Yet again, God is good.

We had our nieces come along. The sun was hiding and occasional drizzle was on. We had a fine trip actually. But in between those laughter was a mending heart. I saw my Ate stop in a while and be silent. I tried not to be obvious but I did those stops a lot, too. Truly, life would never be the same without Nanay.

If there’s anything worth saying, that’s God’s grace that He sends us. I remember a few lines from last Sunday’s worship:

Joy and peace, strength and hope
Grace that blows all fear away
Jesus, what a beautiful name


Thank God He did that to us in days of trouble. And although these most important women in my life were gone, God never ceases to show His mercy and unending love…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home